Looking to the future.

So next week I have an interview for university, and I can't help but worry, and become anxious. For as long as I can remember I've always wanted to be a nurse. So when I didn't get accepted last time my world fell apart, I thought that I had no future. As I teenager when things don't go the way you plan, of course it's the end of the world. I thought i was forever stuck working in Tesco hating a life with no challenge or excitement.

I was lucky enough to leave that life in Tesco and start new, working in a nursing home, building myself up, learning new skills everyday. Finally after two years of being a health care assistant (HCA) and gaining so much experience, that, looking back on i wouldn't change. I have finally plucked up the courage to apply to university again and hope this time is all goes to plan, as I have outgrown my job as a HCA and there isn't enough challenge for me, so it really is the right time to move on.

Now I will be going as a mature student, who'd have thought being 22 would count as being a mature student. I have normal worries for someone like myself who has been out of education for a while, that I won't be able to keep up with all the assignments and the academic side of the course, but also whether i will be able to fit in with the other students who have chosen the same career path, hoping that i can study and still work because living is so expensive these days. But the most important thing i have to remember is that, anything worth having isn't easy to get, because what's life if there is no challenge.
I believe I will do well because other people believe I will do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment