Waiting.

So it's taken 6 months of tests and waiting and consultations and waiting and tests for the hospital to find the hole in my heart. I now have to wait for another consultation to find out when I can have surgery. My cardiologist doesn't think that's there's any rush for it to get fixed, even after I told him that I've had to cut my hours down, stopped training for the Olympic distance triathlon I was planning to do and even had cancel all the completions I had signed up for this summer.

Not only do I have the worry about whether or not I will be having open heart surgery I have the worry about whether I will be fixed and recovered in time to start my nursing degree in September, because I really do not want to wait another year to start.

I really hope that the NHS get their act together, I may have my whole life ahead of me but I don't want to wait any longer for it to begin again, it's so frustrating not being able to do want I want without someone telling me 'to be careful' or 'how are you feeling today' or 'have a rest to look peaky'. Don't get me wrong it's nice that people are caring but I don't want to be treated like an invalid, infant I don't think I can handle being treated like an invalid.

No comments:

Post a Comment